Saturday, February 21, 2009

POSTCARD FROM WISCONSIN


Been so cold here in Wisconsin, snow nearly to our waists, I convinced my Engineering staff to develop a defrost heater for my piss bag. It seems post-prostatectomy, it’s sometimes necessary to be catheterized for a week or two and I was concerned the bag might freeze strapped there to my leg.

We’ll arrange a foil-backed resistant circuitry wired from dissimilar metals, was what I’d suggested, with little chance for spark or ignition.

They’d confessed they could only make it available in 115V AC.

I told ‘em that was okay, I’d have access to an electrical outlet (not thinking about what else could go wrong as a consequence of high amp draw, excessive current leakage, or the dielectric voltage withstand!).

No comments:

Post a Comment