Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE THINGS YOU SEE WHEN YOU FALL


The year I dropped the tree on my garage, I guess you could say I already knew things were too good to last.

I’d even suggested as much.


But here I was all pumped up, believing I’d cut the perfect notch and even laying out saplings where I expected to fell the tree, as all the while I’m walking around thinking: isn’t it amazing how man can control something so massive, so much weightier than his own length and girth?

I’ll admit I’d grown a bit too full of myself.

Still, everything seemed to have fallen perfectly into place. Until I started my saw with a single pull, had hardly touched it to the trunk of the tree (opposite the notch, of course) when the saw suddenly pinched and I knew I was fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment